What are the characteristics of induction?
In this mode of operation, supply is given to the stator sides and the motor always rotates below the synchronous speed. The induction motor torque varies from zero to full load torque as the slip varies. The slip varies from zero to one. It is zero at no load and one at standstill.
What are the characteristics of 3phase induction motor?
The torque-speed characteristics of a three-phase induction motor is a straight line between the no-load and full-load operating points. The slope of the curve line depends upon the resistance of the rotor circuit i.e. the higher the rotor circuit resistance, the sharper the slope of the curve.
What are the characteristics of motor?
A motor speed-torque characteristic is defined as the relationship between the speed at which it operates and the torque it develops, i.e., ω = f(T).
5. Speed-Torque Characteristics of Electric Motor:
- Absolutely Hard (flat) Speed-Torque Characteristic: …
- Hard Speed-Torque Characteristic: …
- Soft Speed Characteristic:
What is the function of induction motor?
An induction motor or asynchronous motor is an AC electric motor in which the electric current in the rotor needed to produce torque is obtained by electromagnetic induction from the magnetic field of the stator winding. An induction motor can therefore be made without electrical connections to the rotor.
What are the characteristics of induction motor squirrel cage type?
They are low cost. Require less maintenance (as there are no slip rings or brushes) Good speed regulation (they are able to maintain a constant speed) High efficiency in converting electrical energy to mechanical energy (while running, not during startup)
What are the characteristics of synchronous motor?
Main Features of Synchronous Motors
- Synchronous motors are inherently not self starting. …
- The speed of operation of is in synchronism with the supply frequency and hence for constant supply frequency they behave as constant speed motor irrespective of load condition.
What are the speed torque characteristics of induction motor?
Torque Speed Characteristic of an Induction Motor
- Torque Speed Characteristic is the curve plotted between the torque and the speed of the induction motor. …
- At the maximum torque, the speed of the rotor is expressed by the equation shown below:
What are the characteristics and function of an electric motor?
An electric motor is an electrical machine that converts electrical energy into mechanical energy. Most electric motors operate through the interaction between the motor’s magnetic field and electric current in a wire winding to generate force in the form of torque applied on the motor’s shaft.
What is 3phase induction motor?
A 3-phase induction motor is an electromechanical energy conversion device which converts 3-phase input electrical power into output mechanical power. A 3-phase induction motor consists of a stator and a rotor.
What is meant by mechanical characteristics of a motor?
The mechanical characteristics of motor are the torque-speed characteristics, because it reflect relation of torque T and speed n when motor operating.
How can the control characteristic of an induction motor behave like a DC motor?
Since the field winding is connected parallel to supply, the field current is independent from load current. Once the supply is given the flux will be created immediately, which will be constant always. So this flux will prevent the motor from overspeeding since, flux is inversely proportional to speed.
What are the advantages of induction motor?
Induction Motor Advantages:
- Induction motors are simple and rugged in construction. …
- Induction motors are cheaper in cost due to the absence of brushes, commutators, and slip rings.
- They are maintenance free motors unlike dc motors and synchronous motors due to the absence of brushes, commutators and slip rings.
What are the parts of induction motor?
The stator of the three-phase induction motor consists of three main parts :
- Stator frame,
- Stator core,
- Stator winding or field winding.
What are types of induction motor?
Types of Induction Motors
- Split Phase Induction Motor.
- Capacitor Start Induction Motor.
- Capacitor Start and Capacitor Run Induction Motor.
- Shaded Pole Induction Motor.